Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday, Jonah


Dear Jonah,

Today, you turn five years old.  You may never know just how much I wanted you.  For a really long time, I asked God to make me a mommy.  I prayed that he would give me a baby but it seemed it just wasn't meant to be.  Then, on November 28, 2005, your daddy and I got the surprise of our lives when we found out God had answered our prayers.  8 months later, after a scary moment in the delivery room, they finally placed you in my arms and you wiggled your way right into my heart.  

You were an easy baby from the start.  You had your difficult moments but by most accounts, you were one of the best babies I had ever known.  You ate well and you slept well but most of all, you loved well!  From the time I knew you were in my tummy, I asked God to use your little life to bring joy to others and glory to Him.  Oh, do you do both of those!  Because doctors told us it wasn't possible for us to have a baby, your life is a little miracle.  He gets the glory for that.  God chose to give us to you at a time when we least expected it and thought it would never happen.  Everyone knew that you were straight from God.  Because so many people prayed you here, they had an instant connection with you.  

There were more than 50 people at the hospital the day you were born.  You had your own little fan club from the beginning.  Only 4 of those were blood relatives.  The rest just adopted you as part of their family.  I just watched the video of your birth and tears rolled down my face as I relived the beautiful moments surrounding your birth.  

While those days/moments were so special, they pale in comparison to your little life.  It has been so fun to be your mommy.  You bring me unspeakable joy.  Your tender heart is so precious.  Your innocence catches me by surprise.  Your smile seems to take up your whole face.  Your giggles tickle me.  Your quest for understanding God challenges me.  Your prayers remind me of what is truly important.  

You, little Jonah Daniel Glenn are so very precious and I'm so happy you have been my little boy for FIVE whole years.  I love you so much and can't wait to see the person God grows you into.  

Mommy
1st Birthday
2007
2nd Birthday
2008
3rd Birthday
2009
4th Birthday
2010
5th Birthday
2011


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Precious! You had me crying again...I love that little boy so much! Happy Birthday, Jonah!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails