Wednesday, June 8, 2011

GONE

My friend died today.  She was my age.  Her little boy is 3 months younger than Jonah.  She wasn't sick.  She just went to sleep last night and never woke up this morning.  Her husband left for work at 5:00 a.m.  He kissed her when he left.  She was still alive.  He came home for lunch at 11:30 and Kason told him that "he couldn't wake Mommy up."  She was gone.  GONE.  


She was a wife, mom, daughter, sister, cousin, niece and friend.  My friend.  She was the stand-in at my wedding.  She walked down the aisle with my dad before I did.  She was pronounced as Mr. & Mrs. Robert Daniel Glenn before I was.  Now, she is gone.  GONE.


I'm so sad for her family.  Parents should not bury their child.  I'm sad for her husband.  How hard must it be to go on with life when the other half of you is gone.  I'm sad for her sister.  She is my best friend.  As close as we are, it doesn't come close to her relationship with her sister.  I'm sad for a little boy that doesn't understand why Mommy won't come home tonight.  The same little boy said  "if we pray to Jesus, He will make her better and send her back home."  Tonight, someone will tuck him into bed and for the first time, he'll go to sleep without the comfort of knowing his mommy will always be there.  She's gone.  GONE. 


These are the times life doesn't make sense.  This was a busy day for me.  I had a lot to do and a little time to do it.  I had places to be, things to do, talks to prepare, lessons to study, books to read, boys to take care of and issues to deal with.  I was dressing Micah for Jonah's 3:00 ENT appointment and getting out the door on time was all that I had on my mind at that moment.  But, my phone rang and through tears, Hope said "Nicki, she died!  Angie died!" 


Death is always so sobering.  But, it really takes on a different feel when it happens to someone whose own life parallels yours.  I've talked to her sister several times since the initial call.  We have laughed at stories about her sister.  We've cried when talking about her.  We've asked questions that can't even be answered right now.  But, my sweet husband summed it up best at church tonight when he said "Angie now knows in reality the very faith that she believed for so long."  So, tonight, I'm trusting in that alone. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She does know! I know the very moment she took her last breath on this earth the next was in His glorious presence!

{Louisiana.Bride} said...

Praying for her family and for y'all.

Penny said...

That is so sad! Dan is right, but it doesn't change how sad the whole situation is. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and my heart breaks for the family of someone I don't even know~ especially that litle boy. God bless all of you that are grieving Angie.

destinmimi said...

not sure why my comment showed up as anonymous... but it's me...did you get a flight?

Amber said...

I am so sorry for you loss ~ We never know when it will be our last time to tuck our children in bed or kiss our husband goodnight. Such a sad, sad thing ~ praying for you and her family as well

jenny winstead said...

unbelievable. praying.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails