Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hat Parade and Egg Hunt

Almost a month ago, Jonah's preschool had their Annual Easter Hat Parade and Egg Hunt.  You can click HERE to read about last year.  Last year, they made their had and decorated it at school.  This year it was all on us.  So, being the creative genius that I am, I called in reinforcements...MS. DOTTIE!  This type of thing is right up her alley.  And, she had two granddaughters go through ECDC so she knew all about this event.

So, without further adieu, I give you...JONAH'S HAT!

Amazing much?  Um, yep!  We got so many compliments and so many "that is the best hat I have ever seen at one of these" from teachers and parents.  I wish I could have taken credit but I didn't.  Even if I would have wanted to take credit, Jonah made sure to tell EVERYONE that "Ms. Dottie made it...with her own hands!"  Seriously, people.  She made every one of those tiny bees out of clay...BY HAND!!!

Jonah was lucky to have some of his special friends there to cheer him on as he made his loops around the chapel.  Nana and Aunt Jen both took time out of their day to be there for him.  It makes me so happy to see people love my kiddos and them love them in return.  Neither my mom or Dan's mom could be here for this and I don't know if Jonah noticed all the grandparents in the room or not, but it would break my heart for him to not have his there.  Thankfully, Margie and Jen stepped up to be his family that day and sit beside us. 

After the hat parade, everyone returned to their classrooms for some pictures then to get baskets for egg hung.  As you can see, Jonah was thrilled with the idea of hunting eggs. 
He actually did pretty well.  Usually, hunting eggs isn't his forte.  He isn't fast enough to get to them before all the other kids scoop them up.  But, this time, he spotted some in the flower beds right by where we they lined up.  So, he just waltzed right over there and filled his basket.  I was so impressed. 
It is hard to believe this is his LAST preschool egg hunt.  He has had 4 of them now!  He started the half day toddler class at Jefferson Street soon after he turned 1.  Now, he is almost 5 and ready for Kindergarten.  (Notice I said HE is ready for Kindergarten?!?!?  I am SO not!!!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails