Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Jonah's joke

If you have been around Jonah much in the past 6-8 months, chances are, he has told you a joke. If you haven't been around him, then you should probably be told that his jokes are NEVER funny! He forgets the punch line or just makes one up. I'm not kidding, they aren't funny. Just ask my friend Melanie. She tried to teach him a cute pirate joke and he quickly informed her that it wasn't funny. (It really was though!) So, this morning, as I buckled him into his car seat, he said "Mommy, why did the chicken cross the playground?" I should probably tell you at this point that 90% of his jokes are "chicken crossing the road" jokes and they all bomb. So, in my typical "NOT ANOTHER JOKE" voice, I said "I don't know! Why DID the chicken cross the playground?" He grinned and said "To get to the other slide!"

Now that's funny...I don't care who you are! ;-)

3 comments:

Barb said...

Cute!
Here's one you can teach him - what's a frog's favorite drink? diet croak!

Cristi said...

Good one!

Aunt Debra said...

That's right Jonah. Keep 'em on their toes and when they least expect it - knock them off their feet! [P. S. Signs of a GENIUS!] Way to go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails