Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The day before Valentine's Day





The day before Valentine's Day was a Sunday and just so happened to be the date for our Church-wide Valentine Banquet. We all went to church that morning, had a quick lunch in town then came home for a short afternoon before returning for the banquet. We did a staff version of "The Newlywed Game."



Both boys were entertained in the nursery and children's area so we got a kid-free night. Our table was full of friends from my Sunday School class and I'm pretty sure I laughed harder that night than I have in a long time. I'm giggling now just reliving a couple of those moments. Wow.

I'm sad to say we didn't do so well at the game. We didn't come in last (that spot was won by the couple who have been married the longest!?!?) but we didn't come in first either. Maybe we should have actually reviewed a few answers ahead of time???




Overall, it was a fun night for us and our church family. It was good for them to see their Pastoral staff in a different light. It was good for people to see our Pastors interact with each other and their wives. It was lots of fun and people are already making suggestions for who should be part of this for next year.

1 comment:

Aja said...

I can't remember the last time I have laughed as much as I did that night!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails