Friday, January 7, 2011

Post Game

After the big bulldog victory, everyone headed south to our house. We were excited to have Doug and Scott spend the night with us because that meant Micah got to meet his uncle Doug. As you may remember, his middle name came from our brother's middle names. Doug is Douglas Andrew. My brother is Scott Andrew. He will be here next month so when he comes, Micah will have met the two men he is named after.

Micah was asleep when we got home but Uncle Doug picked him up and introduced himself. Uncle Doug came bearing gifts so Jonah was consumed with that. After a little time, he moved beyond the gifts and took a few pictures with the others dressed in maroon.



Maggie is the product of a split home. Her mom is Ole Miss and her dad is State. But, for this special occasion, Melanie took one for the team and let Maggie be all decked out in Maroon.



Uncle Doug with his two nephews. Doug has three girls so I'm sure we live polar opposite lives. My house is full of Star Wars and Super Heroes. His is full of princesses.

Jonah ADORED Rob. Actually, to quote him, "Rob is my best friend!" He cried his heart out Sunday night when he had to tell them goodbye. We left for the airport at 5 a.m. Monday so we knew he wouldn't see them. He cried himself to sleep. It was terrible. The first thing he said when he woke up was "I really miss Rob and Melanie!" And, he does! They have been gone several days and he asks numerous times a day about them.


Since all of our bedrooms were taken with guests, both boys slept in our room Saturday night. I put Micah in the Moses Basket in our closet until he drifted off. Since Jonah was in a different place, I let him watch an episode of Curious George to settle him down. I knew the light/sound would keep Micah awake so he camped out in the closet for a while. He didn't seem to mind.

1 comment:

Mitch & Brandy Ramos said...

My mom tells me all the time she is going to put Mia in the closet. She never has but it cracks me up that you put Micah in the closet! Thanks for the laughs!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails