Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Morning, 2010

Jonah woke up while I was in Micah's room giving him his bottle. I took my camera in there just in case he came in. I like to get a first picture on Christmas morning. Unfortunately, I didn't get one of Micah. He was a little fussy that morning. We moved into the living room as a family and enjoyed seeing Jonah see his gifts and stocking.


He opened all the things in his stocking then asked if he could open Micah's for him. When he opened it, he would hold it up to show Micah what it was. He really is such a good big brother.










He was most excited about his $11 Star Wars lego set. That is ALL he asked Santa for Christmas. Anytime someone asked him what he wanted, he quickly said "Star Wars Legos." We had not bought any for him because they are for ages 6 or 7 and above. We knew they would be too tricky for him. About three days before Christmas, I told Dan that is all he wanted and Dan said to find some and he would help him with them.

I had a hard time finding any that were small sets. I found the $50+ sets but was not going to spend that. Fortunately, I looked on Amazon and found a set. I'm so glad because the first thing he said when he walked into the living room was "Santa didn't bring me Star Wars Legos." We pointed out the box to him then he got the biggest smile on his face.





After the gifts were open, we sat down to a yummy breakfast of French Toast casserole, country ham and bacon. I veered from our typical breakfast casserole that Dan's family usually has. Dan wants me to stick with that on Christmas and save special recipes for other occasions!

Jonah played with his toys for a while then it was time to head to Frank and Margie's house for Christmas lunch. As we were getting ready to leave, Dan came in and said "where is the camera?" He then told me to check out Jonah's boat. He had stuffed every thing from his stocking and anything else that would fit into the boat.


He loved his 3 gifts from Santa and the other gifts he had to open that morning. It was such a fun time. 4 is a great age to be at Christmas time. He really got into the entire spirit of Christmas. From talking about Jesus' birth, to singing Christmas songs to opening gifts, he loved it all.

I'm going to leave you with a video of Jonah discovering Santa's note on his cookie plate. I love the sheer wonder of my sweet 4 year old!!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails