Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Micah's first visit to church

Last Wednesday, I picked Jonah up from preschool and headed to Daytona to run a couple of errands. It was my first outing with both boys but I felt confident. We made it to Sams with no problems but as soon as we pulled out of the parking lot, I knew we had a big problem. I had my first flat tire. I was on a pretty busy road so I knew I had to get out of the way. Fortunately, I pulled right into the McDonald's parking lot and called AAA. I've had that membership for a few years now mainly for the discounts available. I have never needed it for anything auto related.

I called them before calling Dan because I knew he was in a meeting. And, I thought there was a slight possibility that AAA might could get to me quicker than him. I was right. Fortunately, Micah started screaming in the backseat when I was on the phone with the dispatcher. She said "that sounds like a new baby." I told her he was only three weeks old and she immediately said "I've gotta get someone out to help you!" It only took about 30 minutes and they arrived to rescue us.

There was a MASSIVE screw in my tire. They put my spare on and sent me on my way to a tire place. Since we were in front of Sam's, we just went back there to have them fix my tire. It was so bad that they could not repair it. It had to be replaced. By the time they were done, it was time for me to drop Jonah at church. But, he needed new clothes so we had to go home first. I decided that since we were going to get there at the exact time of church starting that Jonah and I would just go in and sit on the back row. Dan wasn't preaching that night because of the Dennis Jernigan concert so he was able to sit with us.


Dan had to close the service so he took Micah up to introduce him to the Wednesday night crew. He slept through the introduction.
We took a few pictures after Jonah got done with Mission Friends and Choir. He was very happy to introduce his baby brother to anyone who would walk by.

Margie was there to take a picture of our family but Jonah was most happy about having his picture taken with her.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails