Monday, December 13, 2010

Jonah's VPK Christmas Program

School programs are one of my most favorite parts of Jonah growing up. I don't know why I love them so much but I look forward to them like you wouldn't believe. It was a little hard to get excited about this one because Jonah was cast as a donkey and he was not looking forward to it at all. He made a sad face every time we mentioned it. It had nothing to do with being a donkey and everything to do with just not wanting to be in the program. By the time the program came around Wednesday night, he was ALL smiles!


Last year, he looked so cute in his white shirt and red tie. This year, since he was the donkey, they told him to come in regular clothes and they would put his costume on over those clothes. I felt like such a slacker mom as we walked in with all the kids wearing ties and Christmas clothes while Jonah had on jeans and a flannel shirt.

In the program, he stood at the stable right next to Mary. He walked out and sang like he had been looking forward to this for weeks. He smiled, clapped, danced, did motions and sang right on cue. We were so proud of him.







After it was over, I was able to snap a few photos with some of his friends from his class. He obliged me for a little bit then he was DONE. He wanted to play, not pose!







I left Micah at home that night with my friend Lori. I knew it would be hard to focus on Jonah with a newborn. And, there were SO MANY people stuffed in that one room. It would have been next to impossible to keep him away from germy people!




Dan got lots of video with his video camera but I captured this one song with my Point and Shoot. I laughed when I watched it because at the end of the song, he was so happy he clapped then he looked to both sides and realized none of his friends were clapping. So cute.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cutest donkey I've ever seen!

Lori said...

Great photos and video, he is adorable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails