Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

Last Friday, Jonah's school took a field trip to the Pumpkin Patch at FUMC. Mikenzie rode with us so she and Jonah were hanging out with me until her class arrived. I turned to talk to another mom and turned around to see them talking with each other and HOLDING HANDS!!! I said "are y'all holding hands?" and I got these looks. I was so glad to capture this image so quickly because you can see their faces. This wasn't posed...they were CAUGHT!

After Mikenzie's class arrived, I followed Jonah around as he did all the activities with his class. He and Ava stopped to pose for a picture. They were in the same class year and he knows her very well but has recently started calling her Eva. He even prayed for her the other night during Family devotions and called her Eva. I asked him why. He said that she is pretty and when he thinks about her being pretty, he likes to call her Eva. Okay!
Ava, Amber and Kayla stopped for a picture with Jonah but they made sure not to get too close. You know, he is a boy and all! :-)






It is a little crazy to think that this will be my last field trip as the mom of just Jonah. I have always been free to be on all of his trips and help the teachers in any way I could. I'll admit, right after I found out I was expecting another baby, I had a moment of sadness when I realized that would hinder me being "room mom" as Jonah got to elementary school. When I thought he would be our only child, I dreamed of being the mom who teachers could count on for anything. Now, I'll just have to figure out how to help teachers and be involved with a baby brother with me!

It was another fun day with my little boy and his friends. "Jonah's mom" was very tired after this event but it was worth it to be with him and his class.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails