Friday, November 19, 2010

Our first Saturday at home with both boys

Dan and I were sleeping so well Saturday morning when Jonah bounded into our room at 8:00 a.m. to let us know he was awake. It seemed so early because our bodies have not adjusted to those middle of the night feeds yet. Micah was sound asleep in his Moses Basket so I didn't want Jonah's early morning excitement to wake him. Jonah asked if we could make pancakes for breakfast so I quickly hurried him out of the room so he would not wake Dan or Micah. We moved to the kitchen and began the task of making blueberry pancakes.

I knew Dan was tired so I went to grab the Moses basket so when Micah woke up, I would get him rather than his cries waking Dan. Fortunately, he got to sleep another couple of hours while I entertained both boys. Once he was up and dressed, he helped me do several things around the house. I was in serious Energizer Bunny mode and got so many things done. I took all the Maternity clothes from my closet and then rearranged and reorganized the closet. I told Dan that most people nest before the baby but I was too sick so I was going to nest after the baby.

Jonah wanted "a grown-up" to play with him so he went to his room and grabbed his pirate toys and characters. He and Dan played on our bedroom floor for at least a couple of hours. Later in the day, Jen and Cathi both got that privilege. He relished the one on one attention!
This is what Micah did most of the day! Wait, who am I kidding? This is what Micah does most every day!




Around 9 that night, Dan reminded me again that he needed a picture to show at church the next morning. The original plan was to use one of his pictures from his newborn session that was supposed to be the day before. But, we had to reschedule that because of his hospital/dr. visit that day. I grabbed Jonah's bean bag and covered it with a white crib sheet then set out to capture one image that would work for the screen at church.





I liked the black and white one because it hid the bruising that was still there. But, Dan liked the color one so he won out. This is the shot he used to introduce Micah to his new church family at Stetson Baptist Church.
Have I mentioned how much I love his lips? Seriously, I can't get enough of them! Love, love, love those lips!

These pictures make him seem so chubby and filled out. In reality, he seems so little. Everyone who holds him comments on how tiny he is. He looks much more sumo wrestler like in these pictures. Either way, skinny or sumo, I'm totally smitten with him.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails