Wednesday, November 17, 2010

An ALL DAY outing

The morning after we got home from the hospital, we all loaded up and headed out for the first time as a family of four. It was so odd looking in that back seat to see two boys. Our first stop was at Jonah's school to drop him off. We avoided taking Micah in since there were so many little kids which would equal so many germs. We asked Jonah if he wanted Mommy or Daddy to take him inside and he quickly chose me. He was all about his mommy those first few days. When I got to his classroom, he started crying because he didn't want me to leave him. It made me so sad but I knew his routine was the most important thing. So, I kissed him and left. I peeked back in and he was fine. Poor guy...his whole world is upside down right now.
We left Jonah's school and headed to the hospital to have blood drawn to check his Jaundice level. That poor baby's feet had so many holes from all the sticks he had done for blood tests in the hospital. It took her a little time to find a place that hadn't already been used.
We ended up being at the hospital for almost two hours because we needed to wait on the results so we could take those to the doctor with us. We finally got them and then had just a little time before we needed to get Jonah. We went to Dan's office to feed and change Micah then headed out to get Jonah. We had a visit to the doctor scheduled so he could talk to us about the Jaundice. Jonah watched his baby brother so closely to make sure he was okay. It was so sweet. Although, he was torn between watching Micah and playing games on Dan's phone.

While we were there, Dr A. asked to make sure we had all had our flu shots. Dan is the only one who could answer yes. He explained the importance of them considering we have a new baby in the house who can't have the shot. We asked if Jonah could get his that day. You see how thrilled he was with that decision!!!
He ended up getting the Flumist through his nose instead. That didn't make him much happier but hey, anything is better than a shot, right?

After all was said and done, we were gone from home for 7 hours and I was BEAT when we got home. Although, the months before Micah was born would have kept me from doing all that needed to be done because of how sick I was so I was super grateful to be able to hang with my boys all day and do what needed to be done for both of them.

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails