Sunday, September 5, 2010

Little by little

When I was pregnant with Jonah, it seemed his nursery went from disaster area to baby ready overnight. I could hardly wait to have everything just perfect. This time has been a little different. I think that mostly has to do with how sick I've been. I've had to wait to Dan to do most everything. And, I have a 4 year old "helper" who keeps things interesting while we work.
One night a couple of weeks ago, I decided to pull out his Lite Brite for him to play with while Dan hung curtains. That did work...for about 18 seconds! He wanted to help us more than he wanted to play with any silly toy! Max, on the other hand, was completely content to sit next to me in the chair!


We are 10 weeks away and I would feel much better if everything in there were done. But, I've also learned the importance of taking things slowly and doing them when I feel good versus forcing myself to work in there and then being sick the rest of the day. So, little by little I know it will get done. Although, I'm beginning to think I should have done just a little more before college football started back. I'm afraid I might have lost my helper! :-)

2 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a cute blog header...Loved reading your blog...Have a great holiday weekend.
I have a GREAT HOLIDAY ORNAMENT GIVEAWAY on my blog...drawing on Mon.

Aja said...

Girl, you are telling me! 38 1/2 weeks and the swing, PNP, bassinet, Boppy, infant positioner are still in storage. Surround sound not done in the front room, and infant sleeper and bouncy seat in boxes in the garage. Car seat has no canopy and bases aren't installed. BUT, football was watched all day yesterday and a fantasy draft was today! I just tell myself, "it's not the end of the world!"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails