Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day at Hollywood Studios

We woke up this morning with plans to get out of the house and do something fun with Jonah. Our passes to Daytona Lagoon are close to expiring since it closes at the end of September. That would have been our first choice but Jonah's ear problems over the past few weeks kept us from doing anything water related. Although, the weather would have been perfect for the water today. It was quite WARM in Central Florida on this Labor Day Holiday.

We asked Jonah if he wanted to go to Disney World and he quickly told us no because he wanted to do something special instead. Ummm, excuse me little boy! Do you know how special you are because you can go to Disney most any time?? I remember during our move, we talked about getting Disney passes for the first year and Dan said "my only hope is that he doesn't lose the MAGIC that is Disney!" It appears that has happened!! Honestly, once we are in the car headed that direction, he gets so excited. I think he just dreads the drive.

We got to Hollywood Studios and headed for the Beauty & The Beast stage show. We had about a 20 minute wait once we got to our seats. Jonah wanted to make (happy, sad, surprised, scared, etc.) faces for me so I could take his picture. So, I did!





The show started and he was immediately entranced. About ten minutes into the show, he looked at me and said "Mom, this show is GREAT!" It was pretty funny...especially to every one around us because the poor kid has NO volume control on his voice. He talks at the same volume as whatever is going on around him.
We headed towards the Little Mermaid show (which we never saw today) and passed Handy Manny. Jonah wanted to go see him so we got in line. There were only three people in front of us. They all had autograph books. This is the first time Jonah has ever noticed the autograph books. I used to try to get him to get one so he could use it but he didn't want to. That makes life a little easier at the parks so I was completely fine with that. But, today he noticed them and when we were next in line, he said "Mommy, I want his autograph too!" The Disney CM there gave him a map and a marker so he could get one.

Be sure to notice the huge grin on my boy's face. He was quite enamoured with ole Handy Manny. So sweet to see. I'm not sure at what age kids realize those characters aren't real but he isn't there yet and I love it.


We did a few things today that we haven't done with Jonah at Hollywood Studios. One of those was The Backlot Tour. It scared him a little but he loved it overall.

Not only did we ride different rides and see different shows today, we also saw different characters. It was as if it were our first trip to Hollywood Studios. Loved it!








It was a super fun day to be with my favorite guys. Our passes expire at the end of this year but we are only ten weeks away from Micah joining our family. So, we are taking all the opportunities we can to do some fun things like this with Jonah before I'm home bound with a newborn. I had such a sick day yesterday that I only went to church and lunch then spent the day in my chair or bed. Dan and Jonah stuck around the house since I felt so bad and the weather was so yucky. The original plan today was for just them to go but when I woke up feeling good, I gladly joined them. Looking back at these fun pictures, I'm so glad I did. Sweet memories!

1 comment:

melody mccain dowdy said...

love his pic with handy mandy- he is in total ga ga land! oh check out my FB pics of hollywood studios backlot tour- WE MADE MANDY get in the show. she got totally soaked! we went last summer for my bday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails