Saturday, July 10, 2010

A quick, but fun trip!

One of my favorite people in the world lives in Birmingham, AL. We read each others blogs, keep up with each other on Facebook, talk on the phone and text each other but we hardly ever see each other. So, I was beyond THRILLED when I realized I would get to see her sweet family last week. They were going to be in Florida for a wedding in Melbourne last weekend. She called to see how far we were from there and I somehow convinced her to drive the rest of the way to see me. They got here Friday night right around bedtime. The kids played (stared at each other) for a little while then everyone headed to bed. We were exhausted from a week of VBS and they were exhausted from the drive to Florida and wedding festivities.


The next morning, they got up early and headed out for a photo shoot with Melody Dowdy. Their pictures are pretty amazing. You can see them by clicking HERE. Jonah could hardly wait for "the girls" to get back to our house. He was itching to play with them.
When they finally got back, they all quickly decided they would rather swim than anything else. So, swim they did! They played and played and did their best to try to impress each other all the while yelling "watch me!" It was fun for life to come full circle and see our kids play together. Kathy and I were Suite-mates at Mississippi College our Freshman year. A beautiful friendship was formed that has lasted almost 20 years! (20 years???? GASP! We are NOT that old!)







We were not the last stop on their journey so they needed to hit the road mid afternoon. Jonah was so sad to see them leave but I did manage to take a picture of him with Kathy. She is an amazing artist and we are fortunate to have several of her paintings in our home. You can read a post I did in 2008 about her work by clicking HERE. She did the paintings in Jonah's bathroom and one of them is Jonah's name. I got it off the wall to show her that I needed another one to add Micah to the bathroom.

I love days like this when my past intersects with my present. God has blessed my life so much with sweet friends like Kathy. Now, we have our own little ones and pictures like the one above remind me just how faithful God has been in our lives.

Be sure to go to Kathy's blog to check out here work. I can personally vouch for her integrity, precious spirit and amazing ability. She has done work for many of my friends and family. You won't be disappointed!! Click HERE to see more.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails