Thursday, May 20, 2010

Not at the top of my game today

Jonah came to me this morning and said "Mommy, what does SUCK mean?" My heart dropped a little because I knew he had heard the term "you suck" or "that sucks" somewhere. That meant his little 3 year old world is already being invaded with words, images and thoughts that we don't want his mind to absorb. I struggled with how to explain it to him and then started talking about how sometimes people say mean things or things that aren't appropriate, etc. He stared at me very intently and seemed to understand what I was saying. I then asked him where he heard that from. He looked at me and said, "I heard you say it just a minute ago when you said you hope the vacuum cleaner will suck up all the sand on the floor!"

Um, maybe I'm a little ahead of myself this morning!!

3 comments:

winstead family said...

laughing! that is HILARIOUS!!!

Barb said...

That's hilarious!

Baylee's Mommy said...

Last post was 5 days ago. What's up? ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails