Monday, May 3, 2010

More Jonah Stories

About two weeks before Easter, we started reading lots of stories about Easter. His Bible has a great account of the crucifixion and resurrection that a child can understand. There is a picture of a soldier with the explanation of how he used the spear to stab Jesus in the side. Jonah has asked many questions about soldiers, spears, the tomb and the ladies who tried to see Jesus' body the next morning. Even after Easter, he wanted to keep talking about the Easter story, so we did.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I was in the kitchen and Jonah walked in with this white plastic thing. He proudly exclaimed "This is my spear!" As I began to ooh and ahh over his spear, his brow furrowed and he looked very concerned as he said "But, I promise, I didn't kill Jesus!"



Nap times are no longer mandatory around our house. We can tell the days he needs sleep and we force it on those days but the average day, he is just fine with no nap. Yesterday after church, I decided it was going to be a nap day. He wasn't acting sleepy, but I knew what his day held today so I told him he would have to nap. He went down with no problem but never settled down enough to sleep.

I walked in his room once and he was sitting up in bed playing. I told him that his head had to stay on his pillow and if I came back into his room again and he was up, I would be very mad. He said "Okay, mommy!" I shut his door and started down the hall when I heard him say "Mommy, come back, I have a question!" I went back in and he said "Mommy, what is mad?" I smiled and told him it was the same thing as angry. He said "Oh, I know what angry is. Now I know what mad is. Thanks for telling me!"

2 comments:

Avery's Mommy said...

He is the funniest little boy! These really made me LOL

Barb said...

I love Jonah stories! Keep 'em coming :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails