Friday, April 2, 2010

A VERY special gift

Several weeks ago, we got a heavy box delivered to the front door by our mailman. I immediately recognized the address because it used to be our address! It was addressed to Jonah but I opened it! :-) Watch the video to see what it was!









It was the most special and thoughtful gift from so many people we love in Vidalia. Jonah spent the first three years of his life there and missing those special friends has been the most difficult part of this move. It has been so important to me that he remember those friends and know how instrumental they were to the first years of his life. We make special efforts to show him pictures and videos of them, SKYPE with them, talk on the phone to them and to talk about them to him. This gift will make that so easy to do.





Each book was signed and had a special note to Jonah from the person who gave him the book and then read it to him on video. I will treasure this forever!


11 comments:

Katie (and Tony) said...

I want a Beppa! How cool is that?!

Regina and David said...

What a sweet, thoughtful thing for them to do!!!

Penny said...

Precious, priceless gift! Your little boy is greatly loved. =)

Malinda said...

That is the sweetest thing ever.

Cristi said...

That was so sweet and creative of them! How nice for Jonah and for you too.

pawpaw said...

I can not tell ya how much I miss this kid , I cannot go outside and shoot my bow that I don't think of him , I sunk some trees in our favorite fishing hole the other day { Jeff and Becky's lake house } and thought of him. I no longer go by the children,s wing at our church and hang and wait on him to come out !

Amanda said...

Just noticed I wasn't used to writing 2010 yet. You are welcome to change January '09 to January '10. Thanks! LOL!

Aunt Debra and Uncle Marty said...

Beppa is one in a million! We so much enjoyed being included in this special gift to our little man. We not only miss him, but we miss his Daddy and Mama too!!! Love you all!

Avery's Mommy said...

Nothing like those sweet Vidalians! A special group of ppl! That was so sweet it gave me chills!

4 J's said...

This just made me cry like a baby! What a wonderful, priceless gift that he will enjoy for a long time to come!

Cheryl said...

what an awesome idea!! i know that's something ya'll will treasure forever!!! =) i love jonah's expressions in the video! too cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails