Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

What a sweet, sweet day this has been for our family. It started with church and ended with tucking an exhausted little boy into bed. Wow! What a day!!

A few weeks ago, Tracy asked us if we wanted her to keep Jonah so Dan & I could have a date. We were so blessed by her offer and immediately took her up on it. So, as soon as church was over, she got the kids from the nursery and then brought Jonah in to say goodbye to us.




I was taking a picture of Jonah when he looked at me and said "what would you think about taking a silly picture?" That was the cutest thing ever. It was like he had this amazing idea and just had to share it. I did snap that silly picture though.
After Jonah left with Tracy and Mikenzie, Dan & I headed to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for our Valentine lunch. A while back, we were blessed with a gift card so we were happy to have lunch there. While we were waiting, I held the camera out for a picture with my sweet fella.
After I looked at the picture on the camera, I asked Dan why he always has a dazed look on his face when we take pictures together? He took that to mean he should be silly from that point forward.

After two more pictures with his silliness, I decided to join in on the fun. I'm beginning to realize why no one asked to join us today! Sometimes it is just best to be alone with the one you love.

Since it was Dan's birthday week, they brought him a birthday dessert. Since I love birthdays so much, I try to drag them out as long as possible.

I adore this sweet man. I love being his partner in life. I'm honored that he chose me to walk this journey with him. Happy Valentine's Day babe! I love you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails