Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A good memory

I picked Jonah up from preschool today and asked him what he wanted to do this afternoon. He said he wanted to go to Burgers King (yes, he puts an S there) to play on their big playground. I had the following conversation with him.

Me: We can go to Burger King and play but when we get home, you still have to take a nap.

Jonah: I don't want to take a nap.

Me: I've very sorry that you don't want to take a nap but you are going to take a nap. Okay?

Jonah: But, i don't want to take a nap.

Me: Jonah, you are going to take a nap whether we go to Burger King or not. Do you understand me?

Jonah: Yes Mam.

So, we went to Burger King and he played to his heart's content in their huge indoor play area. It was time to leave so started walking towards the car. As we got to the car, I told him as soon as we got home that he had to take a nap.

He immediately started crying. I said "Jonah, you listen to mommy! We talked about this before we got here. I told you that you had to take a nap after Burger King. Do you remember that?"

He said "Yes, (crying even harder now) I remember but I don't want to take a nap. I told him I was sorry but I remember telling him he had to take a nap. The tears stopped, he looked at me and very plainly said,
"But, I remember telling you that I didn't want to nap!"

5 comments:

cheryl & dave w. said...

now THAT's funny!! so, did he take a nap??? ;-)

winstead family said...

SOOOOO funny!! he is quite the character! :) thanks for the blog comment. i love reading your blog and feel just a little bit inspired to be a better mommy. ok ok, a LOT inspired....you are awesome nicki.

winstead family said...

NIKKI!!!!!!

Barb said...

That is one funny boy! I can't wait to see what he comes up with as he gets a little older.

By the way, I finally got my Christmas card (I had my mail held and just picked it up this morning). Thanks so much for the card and photo. Just looking at it makes me smile. :)

Avery's Mommy said...

That cracked me up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails