Thursday, January 21, 2010

A date with my boy

I picked Jonah up from school Tuesday and headed out for a fun afternoon with my favorite little boy. Dan had already told me he needed to devote his time after work to writing a paper for school. I figured by taking Jonah out for the afternoon/evening that would give him some uninterrupted school time. Besides, I'm always willing to help my hubby out by spending time at Disney!

I stopped on the side of the castle to take a picture of Jonah when a man offered to take one of us together. I didn't pass that opportunity up. But, maybe I should have. I'm pretty sure photography isn't his greatest skill set! Can we say SHADOW? Nice shot of the castle though! :-)



We stopped at the Dole Whip booth for a Pineapple float. YUMMY! That will be my new favorite treat at Disney from now on. Soft Serve Pineapple ice cream with pineapple juice. I'm not sure who liked it most, me or him!

We only stopped to meet one set of characters because we spent so much time on the rides. We couldn't pass up Lilo & Stitch because Jonah wanted to show them his telescope.




On our way out of the Buzz Lightyear ride, Jonah spotted Zurg and wanted to take a picture beside him. He gave his typical cute Jonah smile and then I told him if he was next to Zurg that he needed to look mean. You can see that in the 2nd picture.










I always cherish special times like this with my little boy. Even though we were surrounded by thousands of people, it was great to have some alone time with him to remind him just how special he is to me. He grabbed my hand at one point and said "Isn't this special?" Yes little one, it is!

5 comments:

Barb said...

You are so blessed! Love that first picture of you two. As for the shadowy pic, use the fill flash next time! :)

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

dole pineapple ice cream is tommy's FAVORITE! too bad we've only had it once - at the dole plantation in hawaii!

see - now even MORE of a reason to come see you and go to disney!

destinmimi said...

Oh my you are so very blessed!! How wonderful to just go spend an afternoon in the Magic Kingdom...can you tell I am still jealous??? But very happy for you and Jonah!!

T's Mommy said...

Where was Lilo and Stitch at?? We never get both together unless we go to the character breakfast. Would love to know where they both were!

The Glenn Gang said...

They were in Adventure Land, right after you pass over the bridge in front of The Crystal Palace. I've seen them there several times.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails