Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My birthday surprise

Our original plans were to get up this morning and spend my birthday at Disney. But, the next two weeks at Disney are insanely busy so we opted out of that. Dan said we could do anything I wanted and being the adventurous spirit that I am, I chose to come home and clean the house. (Yep, I'm a geek!) In my defense, I really just wanted to enjoy the next two days but knew there was so much to do at home. I figured if we could get home and get that done, then Christmas eve and day would be full of fun with no cleaning in sight! We walked in the door and Dan started cleaning like a madman. He knows my love language is acts of service so I thought he was just giving me the ultimate birthday gift. Little did I know, there was a little surprise up his sleeve.

This afternoon, the doorbell rang and I opened it to a group of people singing "Happy Birthday"! I was blown away. They brought a surprise party to my house. How awesome is that? If you have a Christmas birthday, then you understand and realize that Christmas is such a busy time that your birthday just gets overlooked. It doesn't bother me because I really am used to it. So, to open my front door and see a group of smiling faces from our new church home was so very special to me. (they even brought party hats!) I had my first ever Baskin Robbins cake and it was super yummy!




That is Melody. She was the mastermind behind this entire event. She worked out the details with Dan because she wanted me to "feel special on my birthday!" What a gift. I do feel so very special and so loved today. Thanks, Mel!






Gentry Rose was the ultimate lifesaver by opening my gifts for me. I think she got the memo about me hating to open gifts in front of people. So, she walked right over and ripped into those packages for me. LOVED IT!



Don't ask me what kind of face Dan is making in the next picture. It appears he may not like the guys he is talking to but I can guarantee that is not the case. We are so blessed to serve with the amazing staff at Stetson Baptist and these two guys are no exception. We love doing ministry with them and their families.

After everyone left, Jonah grabbed his party hat and we headed to dinner with Reggie and Kim.

It truly was a fabulous day! It started with my boys in Orlando and ended with fantastic memories shared with special friends. If all birthdays in Florida are like this one, I have a feeling my birthday will be something to look forward to. :-)

3 comments:

Leah said...

Aww...was Jonah excited that you finally got your cake? Happy Birthday!

Amanda said...

I think you should do a post on that great picture of you and Dan that was sitting on your kitchen counter. LOL! Fun times :)

Anonymous said...

Sure is a pretty desk in the background. Where did you get it and HOW in the world did you get it put together? Maybe the elves have been busy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails