Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Jonah's preschool Christmas Program

This post is only about 3 weeks late. It seems this holiday season in a new state has been busier than any other I have ever experienced. So, I'm trying to play catch up before the new year rolls in.

My sweet boy was in his first ever school program on December 9. It was one of those "precious moments" that will forever be etched in my memory. There were numerous times Dan looked at me and just shook his head because of the tears in my eyes. I am so proud to be mommy to this little guy and loved every moment of seeing him on stage that night.

The evening began in the gym with a dinner for all the families. The original plan was to move to the sanctuary for the program but there was a fire in the sanctuary the day before so everything had to be done in the same room. It was quite chaotic but so fun. Most kids showed up to the dinner already dressed for the program but I knew better than to have Jonah in his white dress shirt during dinner.

As soon as dinner was over, we headed to Jonah's classroom so I could dress him for the program. He and Lily immediately linked hands and wanted to have their picture taken together. His tie and her dress were almost an exact match so it made for some cute pictures. I'm thinking the two of them need to perfect "the lean" before high school prom days.



I left Jonah with Miss Mandy and headed back to my seat. I felt so bad for Ms. Nancy and the leadership because of the sudden change of venue. Those kids practiced for weeks in the sanctuary then had to be moved go the gym at the last minute. Nothing went as planned for them but they kept smiles on their faces and led our little ones like this was the plan the whole time.
Jonah was one of the first kids on stage. He immediately started looking for us. It took him a couple of minutes to find us. Had every parent there not been waving at their child, it might would have been easier.
We were especially proud when he started picking his nose as soon as he found his spot on stage. All we could do was laugh!

During the middle of one of the songs, he got his teacher's attention and had a conversation with her. I still wonder what that was about. It wasn't long after that when he untucked his shirt and just relaxed.


At one point of the production, he started crying. Dan was looking through the lens of the video camera and had it zoomed in so he saw exactly what he said when the tears started. He said "My mommy and daddy didn't clap!" I was using a camera and Dan had the video camera so we didn't clap. You can bet we clapped from then on out.



Is this a cute little performer or what? I love the grin. I love the sweet face. I love the boy!
Jonah and his friend McKenzie. They are buddies from church and are in the classrooms across from each other at school.





2 comments:

Avery's Mommy said...

This is so precious!

Audra said...

I laughed until the tears came! Love the nose picking, shirt untucking, talking during the performance, and crying! So cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails