Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Actually...

Watching a child develop a vocabulary is one the most interesting things I have ever experienced. It amazes me to hear Jonah use a new word in the correct context. His latest word is ACTUALLY. It seems he uses it in most sentences now and I smile every time.
  • We were at Breakfast in Orlando (post coming about that later) with some friends from a former church. Dan handed Jonah a game of Jenga and asked if he wanted to sit down and play it. Jonah took it from him, sat down then with wide eyes said "Actually, I need to potty!" (first time I hear him use the word)
  • Jonah was in the bathtub last night when I told him he he needed to wash off so he could get out, put pjs on then brush his teeth. He said "Actually, I just want a sucker.)

6 comments:

Malinda said...

That is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think he is a little genius!!!
Zoo-zoo

Penny said...

I love when they grasp the abstract. When Shelbi was a little under two years old, she asked me, "Is that MawMaw's van?" I told her it wasn't and she replied, "Oh, I fought (thought) it was." I was surprised that she understood "thought" at less than two. =)
They love "probably" too.
My five year old grandson heard his aunt say, "Slow down, this isn't a competition." Without missing a beat, he piped up, "That means race," and kept right on eating. A rich vocabulary is so valuable when they start school.

Jamie Moon said...

Livi's thing is "situwated"....mommy i can't go to bed wight now, I have to be my bwanket siuwated.... it's amazing to hear them! they are so funny!

4 J's said...

I remember when Jordyn started using the same word. It made me and Joey giggle every time! Too cute!

Baylee's Mommy said...

Little smarty pants!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails