- Jonah was sick a few weeks ago. I walked into the bathroom as he was getting ready to brush his teeth so I could give him medicine. He opened his mouth, swallowed the liquid then looked at me and said "thank you for my medicine, mommy!"
- When we take sippy cups out of the dishwasher, we usually fill all of them and put them in the fridge. Jonah walked by as I was doing that last week and said "Are you putting juice and water in my cups?" I told him I was. He hugged my leg and said "Thank you for always giving me juice in my cup."
- This morning, Dan was working on his computer while Jonah was watching Dora. Jonah looked up at him and said "Thank you for typing those letters on your computer daddy!"
- Yesterday we were out and about and Jonah pulled into the Target parking lot. Jonah said "Thank you for bringing me to Targets. This is so special!" (Yes, he puts an S on Target. He must be 70!)
- It was time to get out of the pool Thursday but Jonah was not ready. His lip started quivering and I knew tears were on the way. I warned him that cried he would go straight to his bed for a nap. He could not help it and the tears came gushing. I was drying him off as he sobbed. Through the tears he said "thank you for letting me swim at my new house and I don't want to take a nap so thank you for swimming and for putting on my swimsuit!"
Many adults could learn a lesson from this little guy. We go through life expecting things rather than being grateful for the blessings God sends our way. Jonah doesn't say thanks for just the big things, he says thanks for everything. After all, life is a gift...we should all be grateful! Even when it doesn't turn out the way we thought it should!