Friday, October 2, 2009

Sanford Zoo

Like most of the Southeast, we woke up Wednesday morning to the most wonderful weather. Jonah left for school and my wheels started turning. I pulled out the sheet I got from MOPS and the email from Mequel about fun things to do in this area. I finally narrowed it down to a few choices but decided to leave the final decision up to Jonah when I picked him up from school.


He immediately chose the zoo because he wanted to see "the lions and tigers." Um, note to self: If you plan to take your child to the zoo because he loves the lions and tigers then you should check to be sure the zoo actually has lions and tigers!





Even with no lions and tigers, we had a great time. It was such a beautiful day spent with a little boy who captured my heart a little over three years ago. It was great to spend all of my attention on him. He relished every moment of it. (me too!)


Jonah's favorite thing about the zoo were the snakes. He could have stayed there for hours. Me...I wanted OUT! I was totally spooked and freaked out in that dark building. Oh to be three again and have no fear!





When Jonah left that day, I had no idea we would be going to the zoo. I can't believe he was wearing a shirt with monkeys. It was perfect. He even told the monkeys to "yook at my shirt all you monkeys!"

In case I haven't told you before, I love this little boy and count it such a privilege to be his mommy. God has blessed us being measure and I'm so very grateful!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails