Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkin Patch with Mia

When I was 9 or 10 years old, I found out my mom's sister and her family were moving to Florida. As a kid, that threw me for a loop! I remember telling them goodbye around Christmas then going to my cousin Misty's other grandmother's house to spend the night. I woke up early the next morning and cried my eyes out when I thought about them driving away. I thought I would never see them again. I knew Florida was a long way away and I was so sad that they made the move.

Now, some 25 years later, I made that same move with my little family. They planted their lives in the Tampa area and we planted ours in
DeLand. It just so happens that we are now 112 miles apart. For us, that is an easy trip because we were used to driving 2 hours to go anywhere when we lived in Vidalia. So, driving 2 hours to see my family on the left coast of FL will be a breeze. (For me anyway, I think it wore them out today!)

I was so happy to find out that my aunt, who I am named after was coming to visit today with her daughter and granddaughter. Brandy was off work since it was a holiday so they all made the trek over to visit. Mia is 9 months old and as cute as can be. Some of you may remember me mentioning her on the blog several times after she was born. She was a very sick little girl and lots of you prayed for her. I'm happy to report she is doing excellent now and is a vibrant, happy and beautiful little girl.

It was fun to experience the pumpkin patch with them. Jonah was full of energy and wanted to run and jump. Mia wanted to take it all in. He looked like a giant next to her. We plan to take him back later to do his official pumpkin patch pictures but these turned out pretty good for just a fun unplanned day at the patch.






























2 comments:

Penny said...

Mia is a doll! Glad she's healthy!
I think Jonah's ready for a little sister! ;)

Avery's Mommy said...

Cute pics. I remember praying for Mia, neat to be able to see pics of her!


Glad you have family there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails