Sunday, October 25, 2009

Daytona Beach with the Griffith Family

A couple of weeks ago, I got a message on my cell phone from a friend I worked with when we lived in Kentucky. It was something like this, "NICKI GLENN?!?!? YOU DID NOT TELL ME YOU MOVED!!!!" I felt like a total jerk! The message was from my very best friend there and somehow I neglected to tell her I was moving 800 miles away!

It just so happened, when she went to the dentist, my former boss told her we moved. The problem is that Rachel and I only talk every few months. When we talk, we catch up on everything. I knew about the possibility of us moving the last time we talked but nothing was definite so I just didn't say anything. AND, she (gasp!!!) doesn't have Facebook!
When I called her back to apologize, she told me her family was coming here on vacation the very next week. I was so excited!! I had not seen her since her baby was born 7 years ago. I was there when she found out she was pregnant and saw her every day of her pregnancy. I threw her baby shower for this baby boy, Garrett.
Wait! He isn't a baby anymore. He is 7 years old and in 2nd grade. Not only had he grown up since I saw him last, Rachel and Chuck added a little girl, Regan to their family. She is about 6 months younger than Jonah and full of sass! (Just like her momma!!)

We met them at Daytona Beach Tuesday afternoon. I was super stoked to see Rach and for our kids to all meet. Jonah followed Garrett around most of the day doing whatever he did. He was pretty shy around Regan which was funny to see. And Chuck...oh, he loved Chuck! He immediately knew he was a "daddy" and trusted him like he would his own.






Jonah ran and ran and ran and ran and...you get the point. He never slowed down. He had so much fun. He loved playing with other kids and as you know, he LOVES the beach.













I looked up at one point and Chuck had Jonah on one hip and Regan on the other. I'm sure he was exhausted by the time they left the beach. Jonah was for sure! I kept him awake for the 20 minute ride home because I knew he needed a nap in his bed. I let him swim to get the sand off then gave him a shower. He slept for 3 hours after that. I told you, that boy had fun!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails