Saturday, October 3, 2009

A crazy Wednesday night!

Last Wednesday night, I left church after dinner because I was expecting a 6 p.m. call from our pediatrician in Natchez. I sent her a text earlier in the day after receiving a diagnosis about Jonah from our new pediatrician here. Dan had plans to go to the Financial Peace Study and then choir practice. There was no way he could get Jonah before the nursery closed so I had to take him with me. I hated for him to miss Mission Friends but I needed to talk to Jennifer.

I got home and decided to change clothes and take Jonah on a bike ride and Max on a walk. Since his trike was buried under mounds of garage boxes that had not yet been organized, I had to put my keys, phone, camera and Max's leash down to dig for his bike. It was quite ordeal and a true miracle that I did not break any bones in the process. I was huffing and puffing as I finally made my way out of the garage. I pushed the button and ran faster than the door and jumped out. Right as the garage closed, I realized I grabbed everything BUT my keys. We were totally locked out! This was at 6:10 or so. Dan was not due home until after 8:30 p.m. Eeks!



I decided to make the best of it and go on our walk anyway. I sent Dan a text just to let him know but didn't at all expect him to leave church. He was excited about being part of the Dave Ramsey group and choir. AND, I knew we could walk for a while. So, as we walked just a few feet, our neighbor came outside and we talked just long enough for his little boy, Jaxson to come out too. We have been so excited about meeting them. They have been over to introduce themselves and bring us a beautiful plant but I missed them both times. I was so glad to finally put faces to names and meet all of them. They invited us in the back yard to play. Jonah and Jaxson had SO much fun together. I'm so excited about living next door to another child Jonah's age. What fun to grow up with kids your age.

After we left their house, we took off down the street. That is when the sad conversation happened between Jonah & I about him not being able to find B & Beppa's house. If you are on Facebook, you have seen that video but if not, it is one of the three videos at the end. It really is sad. He is so used to riding his bike/trike/car/wagon to their houses anytime we went out. He was so confused as to why their houses were not on our street anymore.
He was quite intrigued with our neighbors across the street because they had lots of Halloween decorations out. They even had the things that made noise when it sense motion. He kept saying "who said that?"

The time came that I was beginning to notice bugs and I knew we had over an hour until Dan would be home. So, I went to the backyard and sat on the patio, which is screened. Jonah kept asking me to turn on the lights. They, of course, were all inside. The only light we had came from my cell phone and camera. My phone was down to less than 10% battery so I had to conserve it. That is when Jonah and I got a little silly with the camera. Keep reading to see "THE MANY FACES OF JONAH & MOMMY WHILE BORED!"

OH NO!
I'M SO SILLY
I'M STILL SILLY!
NOW, I'M DOWNRIGHT FUNNY!
US SMILING
SWEET
MEAN
MAD
REALLY HAPPY
CRAZY SILLY
UPSIDE DOWN
TIRED
REALLY TIRED
STINKY
COVERING OUR EYES
OK, that is all you have to endure for now. I told you we were really bored and had NO entertainment. I was so proud of this little guy because he he totally handled being up an hour past his bedtime, in the pitch black dark, with no entertainment and bored out of his mind!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so cute. Nicki You are such a good mom and wife not to go crazy sitting outside for that long. Miss yall diane

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails