Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bold Confidence

We took Jonah to the pool at "Ott & Bera's" yesterday afternoon when Dan got home from work. He is doing fabulous with his underwater swimming and has zero fear. (Which is not always a good thing!!!) He loves to jump off the diving board but I only let him do it if Dan is with us. It scares me when I am alone!

He jumped off a few times, swam underwater to his dad and then climbed up the side ladder. After doing this a few times, he climbed on the diving board and loudly exclaimed "THERE'S NOTHING I CAN'T DO!" Dan and I fell out laughing. Apparently, it embarrassed him a little so he would not say it again. Then, completely out of the blue a little while later, he said it again.

I'm so glad he has confidence. I hope it sticks around!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I guess fearlessness runs on the Simmons side of the family when it comes to diving boards. At 4 I jumped off a 10 meter spring board willingly and almost gave mom heart failure! Tell Joanah I said good job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails