Saturday, May 16, 2009

Watch out Tiger!!

My boss bought Jonah his very first set of REAL golf clubs. The original plan was to give them to him on his third birthday in July. Well, Jimmy COULD NOT wait. So, a couple of weeks ago, we all met at our house and told Jonah to turn around so we could surprise him. He did not quite get the concept of waiting for a surprise. He actually seemed a little miffed that we made him turn away from all of us.


Nice face, huh? We set the clubs behind him and told him to turn around. He was blown away. He wasn't quite sure what to think. Then he said "Wow!"











I was really impressed to see him make contact with the ball at such a young age. By the end of the day, he was even hitting the ball a good distance.





Max was completely unimpressed so he just played with his Frisbee. I got the orange one from the back yard so it would match Jonah's clubs!
Jonah wanted all of us to take our turns hitting the ball. Cathy was the least excited about her turn. But, she did it to oblige the little manager!







Can't you just see this little cutie carrying these clubs across a golf course? I can't wait to see that.






Later in the day, we went back outside so he could play more. He did even better on that round!



While we were outside, Cliff and Beppa came down the street. They had just returned from Cliff's surgery at MD Anderson in Houston. Jonah was so happy to see them and to show off his new clubs.







By the end of the day, everyone who visited had taken a turn with these clubs but no one enjoyed them as much as Jonah. I'm so happy that he has these and so thankful the Hibbs' bought them for him. He has a few good years to use them and will hopefully get lots of chances. I love that this is something he can do with his daddy for years to come.

2 comments:

Doyl, Robin, Whitley, Anna said...

That is so sweet! Y'all have some terrific people in your church. I must admit, I'm a bit jealous. I can't believe Jonah is almost 3 (Whitley's nearly 4). He is such a cutie. All I can say is "watch out windows"!

Cristi said...

You should take him to Duncan Park, buy a bucket of balls, and let him hit at the driving range. I used to do that with my guys when they were little. We always enjoyed it. There is even a practice Green near it they can play on.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails