Monday, May 11, 2009

School, school, school

I am incredibly proud of my husband. He gives 100% to everything he does. That is hard sometimes when I want his attention and he is already committed to something. But, I know that everything he does is for the good of our family and to better himself.

He started the Doctoral program at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary last year and is sailing through it. That is a huge accomplishment on any level but especially when you are doing two jobs (he has been doing music at our church since last November when our Music guy left! But, as of May 18th, we have a new Worship leader and we are so thrilled!!), in the midst of a building program, have a 2 year old child and a wife at home.

When he isn't at work, he usually has a book in his hand or a computer in his lap. (That is, after he has played with Jonah!) I wondered how he would get school done since he had all this other stuff on his plate. Well, my answer came in the mail last week.

He got an envelope back with 5 papers enclosed. All were A's. Well, except for the one A- that really upset him! (What I would have given for a few A- over the years!!) I guess he really is super man and can juggle everything with almost perfection. Oh, how I do love that man and am so very proud of him!

7 comments:

Beppa said...

There's a reason they call it "Type A" personality! :)
Great job, that's alot of juggling and hard work - for both of you! And you can get a discount on your auto insurance for good grades!

NeNe said...

We are so proud of you Dan..as well as you Nicki. When the world looks at what all you've juggled, and accomplished, may they see God's Hand in all of it. We love Y'ALL!

Anonymous said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!! WE ARE SO PROUD OF HIM TOO!! And proud and blessed he is our pastor and friend. Diane

Anonymous said...

Our church is so proud to have you. You exemplify the meaning of work ethic. You are humble to a fault. We never hear you complain of being overworked or tired, though we know you are. You lead with passion and by example so it is easy to follow. You don't ask us to do anything that you don't are not willing to do yourself. You are my pastor and I am so glad!

sue teddlie said...

Sorry Beppa, but no discount at his AGE! That's for young people - ha. Great Job, Dan!!! I really appreciate all that you do.

Law Baby said...

wow...he reminds me of me
U should be really proud of him...
tell him keep it up

Amanda said...

Nerd ;) Seriously, way to go, Dan. That's awesome! Keep it up! You'll be Dr. Dan in no time :) Nicki, think of how you'll be able to impress when you refer to your husband, the doctor! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails