Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Church Work Day

We are getting closer to the big move in day at church. Because of the new color of the sanctuary and addition, they decided to paint the education facilities in order to have all buildings blend. Saturday was the big day for painting. Dan left the house before 8 a.m. After Jonah ate breakfast, we headed up there. But, rather than drive, we took the wagon. I would like to go on record that pushing a stroller is much easier and more fun that pulling a wagon. I'm glad the church is only 1/2 a mile from home or I probably would have ditched the wagon and just let him walk.

Jonah was so intrigued with the painting and wanted to get his hands in it SOOO bad. But, every time he would attempt it, I would remind him to put his hands by his side. (and he did!!) But, when we rounded the corner, Dusty was glad to let him have a turn with his brush.


He thought painting with the brush was super cool until he rounded another corner and found Mr. Pratt using a sprayer. He got to make his mark with the sprayer too!





We would have stayed longer but we were put on lunch detail. So, we walked by home so we could order lunch and then go get it for the guys who were working. As we were making our way home, Jonah spotted Cliff's truck down the street and said he wanted to go see him. I knew they were leaving for Houston sometime that day so I called to ask if Jonah could go say goodbye to them. Cliff was working on a loan before heading out so we didn't want to interrupt but I wanted Jonah to see him since it would be a while before he could.

I reminded Jonah that Cliff was "sick" and would be having surgery at MD Anderson on Tuesday. He knew that because Dan and I have been talking to him about why Dan was going to see Cliff in Houston. As I was pulling him down the street he looked at me and said "I go see Cliff, I tell him feel better and we pray!" Awww!!! When we got there, he marched right in, around the corner, crawled in Cliff's lap and gave him a huge hug. SO sweet!
This video was taken when I stopped to capture the concert he was giving from his wagon. The more we traveled, the louder he got. It calmed down a bit once I pulled the camera out. But, you'll get the point.

Also, please note, this is the first and last time Jonah ever wore this shirt. If you remember, this is what he was wearing when he had his accident and ended up in the Emergency Room. We had to cut his shirt off that night. I'm glad it was on clearance at the Gap for only $6!!!

video

5 comments:

Cristi said...

Sweet new look
Sweet picture of Jonah and Cliff.
Sweet video
and
Sweet Psalm at the top (I may be stealing that one!) LOL

Avery's Mommy said...

I didn't know Cliff was sick! I will be praying...

love the video!

amber said...

Love your new layout! I keep saying I am going to get one...

4 J's said...

I love the "sooo" on the end of the song! Jordyn did the same thing when she was that age! Love it!

Katie (and Tony) said...

can we see the building completely finished when you are ready to unvail pics?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails