Tuesday, March 10, 2009

LIfe's little blessings

On the way home from preschool today, Jonah said "Mommy, you pick me up from school?" I looked at him in the mirror and caught his eyes and said "Yes, baby! I picked you up from school." He smiled really big and said "That's my favorite thing!"

Awww, talk about melting my heart. I know the day is coming that me picking him up from anywhere won't be his favorite thing but for now, I treasure it!!! (But, I feel REALLY, REALLY bad because I'm leaving town for 5 days and won't pick him for the next 3 days! He doesn't know that yet!!!)

3 comments:

Penny said...

I know how that feels, especially when you least expect it. I picked up my oldest from school one day when she was in 4th grade and she said, "Mom, I've been looking at all these other moms picking up their kids, and you are the prettiest one." I wanted to cry. It was the sweetest thing I believe she'd ever spontaneously told me. It's really good to remember these things, because it gets you through the teen years when you know nothing and do nothing right. :)
Head over to my blog and see my lastest blessing(s).
Penny

Anonymous said...

Elbie, I am sitting here tearing up. When I pick Kason up all he wants is a snack. Im so glad yall have Jonah.

Jami Ainsworth said...

Awe! How sweet! And I know you hate to tell him until the last minute so he doesn't have to dread and worry.

The weekend before last, Natlalie hitched another ride from BR with one of their friends that comes home every weekend. [When we went to b'day party at Children's Museum.] Before the weekend came, before she knew her parents had plans with her in BR...she said. "mommmy, can that girl (she couldn't remember her name) take me to her house and then Mimi come pick me up?" Yeah, I am glad Brittany shared that with me and yes, it most definitley melted my heart!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails