Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A funny story

I have no idea what made me remember this story from early 2002, but something did and laugh every time I think about it.

America was just a few months out from the horrific day of September 11, 2001. We lived in Northern Kentucky just below Cincinnati. (It was my most favorite place EVER to live. I like to call it 'retail Heaven!" There were more places to shop than I had time or energy. All major sporting venues were within minutes from us. We never lacked for good food or fun things to do. It really was a great place to live.) We left church one Sunday afternoon and had lunch at Fuddruckers with several friends from church. We decided to stop by Best Buy before heading home.

Dan was taking a really long time looking at things so I found place to sit back by the TV's while I waited on him. This young guy that worked there came rushing back to that department and in a very frazzled voice said "Oh my God, we just attacked Afghanistan!" He was completely distraught! The girl he shared the news with was about 22 or 23 years old. She looked at him and said "WHO?" He said "The United States...we just bombed them!!!!" (He was on the verge of tears!) She lets out a HUGE sigh of relief and says "Thank God...I thought you meant Best Buy attacked them!"

HAHAHA! I could hardly contain myself. I took off to find Dan so he could be a part of this conversation. I guess she thought she may be in danger if Best Buy was the one who attacked but since it was just America who did it, she was safe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was she blond by any chance??? That's funny!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails