Thursday, January 15, 2009

OH DEAR!!!!

I was cutting Jonah's fingernails tonight and he kept squirming. I repeatedly told him "Jonah, you must be still or mommy will hurt you." He continued to squirm and I continued to remind him that I could cut his finger and hurt him. This went on for the entire time I was attempting to cut his nails.

Thirty minutes or so passed and it was time for bed. We went through his entire bedtime routine and I kissed him and left the room. Well, he has this thing lately where he cries or calls you back in the room for some random reason. It is like he lays there and just thinks of something to say to get you back in there. He cried for just a minute and I walked back in there. He quit crying, sat up in bed and looked at me and said "I better not move so Mommy doesn't hurt me!"

Um...hello?? PLEASE do not let my child go to daycare or preschool and tell his teachers that "I have to be still so mommy doesn't hurt me!!!" When you take the conversation out of context I sound like a total child abuser!!!

2 comments:

Avery's Mommy said...

If CPS comes to get Jonah, I'll vouch for you!

Daniel & Denise said...

I just love him!! It amazes me how much he is talking now...seems like just overnight it happened! He is growing up so fast!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails