Friday, January 30, 2009

He made it...

I went to the church at noon today to see the cross placed on the steeple. There were lots of people there and such an excitement in the air. Our church and community is abuzz about this new addition and renovation. It is most evident on days like today when people gather to witness a milestone in this project. We had very young babies like Eli and Douglas there to witness the placement of the cross along with some of our oldest senior adults. What a great testimony to the health of a church.

They guy to the left of Dan is Tim Allen. He is with Allen Construction out of Rayville, LA. I must admit, I was a little nervous about Dan being up so high. No matter how safe you are, something can always go wrong. I was glad when his feet were back on solid, level ground! (But, it was fun to watch!) He said the view was incredible. I heard someone say it was probably about 125-150 feet in the air.
Julia came out to share in the excitement. I really wished at this point I had gotten Jonah from Preschool so he could watch. But, I knew I could not take pictures and keep him safe at the same time. We spent most of our time in the middle of the road. It was then that I realized we were probably in more danger than Dan!




The old steeple came down earlier today. It is odd to look up and see it gone. You could always see it peeking through the trees from Natchez. It will be interesting to see how this one looks in the landscape as you cross the bridge.






Dan took a marker up with him and inscribed the horizontal beam of the cross with a verse of Scripture. The verse is listed below.


"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God."
1 Corinthians 1:18








People kept asking what we were going to do with the old steeple. I heard a rumor that it was going on top of our house. HA! Clare suggested making a kids playground out of it. Who knows?




What a great day!  Every stage of this project has been so fun and so amazing to see the hand of God as we follow his leadership.  I can only imagine the great things God will do in this building when it is completed and dedicated back to Him.  

4 comments:

Shelly Hernandez said...

Nicki - I thought you weren't going to watch!

-Shelly

Cristi said...

What happened to the dentist appoinitment??? He told me he wasnt going to do it because he had to go to the dentist!

Barb said...

how cool is that?! what an amazing experience for Dan, and I LOVE that verse!

NeNe said...

WOW - GOD IS SO GOOD!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails