Friday, December 12, 2008

All day MONDAY!!!


Dan left early Monday morning for class at New Orleans. Jonah and I both hate to see him go but are so proud of him for the discipline involved on his part to further his education. Jonah had the toughest time yet with him being gone. He constantly asked for him wand wanted to know where he was. It is hard to explain everything to a 2 year old.

I got to Jefferson Street to get Jonah Monday and his class was in the gym. I watched him play for a few minutes then he spotted me. I love that face when he sees me the first time then then runs to me.


When some of the other kids noticed my camera, they started coming over and saying "CHEESE!" In the age of digital cameras, I think all kids are photographed fairly often.






Sinnott, Hayden, Jonah and Marlie all wanted their picture taken together but it looks like I scared them to death. 2 year olds are so unpredictable. Although, Hayden is actually 3 now!
We had to go to the bank before heading home. As soon as we pull in to the parking lot at Delta Bank, Jonah immediately asks for Josh and Cliff. I knew Cliff was in Houston and would not be there but I did see Josh's truck so I knew he was there. When we walked in, Josh had customers in his office. That really disappointed Jonah because he wanted to see him. He looked up at the window in Cliff's office and said "Somebody better tell him I'm here!" Poor guy...neither of his buddies could see him. So, to distract him from missing his friends, I told him we would go outside and look at the fountain. He loves that thing.


I walked into Jonah's room after his nap do find this disaster area! He took every wipe out of the box and then stuffed them back in. I guess he was midway through pulling them out again when I walked in.

This is the conversation that took place after I discovered the mess in his room.

N- Jonah, why did you pull those wipes out?

J- Cause they were gettin' on my nerves!

N- (through extreme laughter) Getting on your nerves?

J- Mommy, Da wipes get on my nerves all the time!
Since Dan was out of town, I decided to get out of the house for a while with Jonah. We headed to Office Depot to get some things I needed for work. Jonah was thrilled to wear his "Santa Bulldog" shirt. So much so that he didn't want to take it off when we got home.
We waited on Dan to call so he could video chat with Jonah before bedtime. In order to pass the time we read, reread, reread and reread Brown Bear. That is still his all time favorite book.

It is late and I can't remember what was so great about this video that I uploaded this morning. So, rather than watch it and attempt to make some witty observation, I will leave it to you and just hope it is worth your time. :-) (Can you tell how tired I am??)

video

1 comment:

rob h said...

My favorite thing about that video is that it takes all the way to the one minute mark to find out what or who that little sheep character is that's moving around in the foreground, and THEN....the big reveal.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails