Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Is lying SO wrong??

Probably our biggest battle with Jonah has been food! For us, newborn days were a breeze. He has always been a happy baby. He sleeps great and has from the beginning. He is very social and tons of fun. But, mealtime is a chore! We dread it every day. He is so incredibly picky and pretty much refuses to eat. Because of this, we don't do snacks. He only gets snacks if he ate the previous meal. We don't want him to fill up on the non-essentials and miss the nutrition of meal time.

He would eat chicken nuggets and ketchup for every meal. Obviously, this is not an option. A few weeks ago, I made a roast, carrots and potatoes in the crock pot. He looked at it and immediately said "I don't like that!" We told him it was brown chicken. He took a bite! Is it wrong to lie to your child if it causes him to eat. After that meal, he started requesting brown chicken. Whoo-hooo...another food he likes!

Monday night, I made pork chops. As you can imagine, he didn't like those either. But, he asked if it was pink chicken. I lied again. He ate it. (and, just so you know, the pork was completely done...I'm not sure where he got PINK from??) He even ate the roasted potatoes when I told him they were best friends of french fries. I certainly don't call this success but I do think it is a step in the right direction!!!!

I was so glad my camera was on the table when he started his prayers. I picked it up and snapped this one. Love this kid...bad eater or not!!!


3 comments:

Baylee's Mommy said...

Oh how i laughed at this post. "Potatoes are best friends with the french fries?" That's PRICELESS!

cheryl & dave w. said...

um....i certainly hope these first few weeks are not an indicator of how brody will be when he is jonah's age! he will be a fussy & mad cute little boy much of the time then....yikes! i blame it all on the gas so hopefully it won't be that way when he's a toddler!! and to answer your question, that kind of lying is ok... =) lol!!

Barb said...

Well, pork is the "other white meat", so you're not technically lying there, right? And I agree, potatoes being the best friends of french fries is hilarious! Oh, and as one of the world's pickiest eaters, I'll tell you that Jonah won't starve, and get ready for some battles. I know I gave my parents some!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails