Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday afternoon and night

This was an especially tough week on the father/son relationship in our house. Dan had an incredibly busy week and did not get to see much of Jonah. That is a huge deal for both of those boys. They adore each other so time together is precious to them. Normally, Dan makes up for missed time with Jonah on Friday. Today, Dan had to make an out of town hospital visit and see a doctor in Jackson. So, he left the house at 7:00 a.m. and returned after 5. It was a long day for him and an even longer day for the little boy waiting to see him. To help pass the time of waiting on daddy, I took Jonah and Max outside to burn off some energy.

I love his green/brown outfit. He HATES it. He despises pants and long sleeve shirts. I had to force him to wear this to school Friday morning. As soon as I picked him up from school, he said "I take off my pants. I take off this shirt too!" He wanted them OFF! I have a feeling this could be a very long winter if he doesn't get used to things on his arms and legs.
Max desperately wanted to play catch with his Frisbee. He somehow ended up with the thing around his neck. I made him sit still so I could take his picture. He was SO over that.
The next picture is somewhat gross but I had to take it so we could all feel sorry for Max. The poor dog can not even do his business with out Jonah chasing him across the yard. Max had to run while trying to get everything out. He was so scared Jonah was gonna catch him. Poor dog!
The Biglane's have a pretty fall display on their front steps. A couple of weeks ago, I asked Karen if we could use her steps for some pictures. She told us to come over anytime. I'm thinking "anytime" should have been a different time because a certain little boy didn't want to "take no pictures!"

Since Jonah didn't want to take pictures, I tried to make him jealous by putting Max on the step and taking his picture. Jonah walked away then turned to Max and said "you stay there boy, i go play!" Obviously, child psychology did not work on my child.
I finally convinced (bribed) him to sit back down for some pictures. I'm so glad I did because these are just stunning. (yeah, right!)


We gave up on fall pictures and headed back home to wait for Dan. I am not completely sure who was happier to see him. Wait, yes I am. That would be ME!!! Dan played with Jonah for a little bit then we loaded up to head to the river front for the Balloon glow.
Natchez has a Balloon Festival every year and it is such a fun time. We love all the balloons. Dan actually went up in one a few years ago. I had the opportunity a couple of years back but weather was a problem so I didn't go. It is so interesting to be up close and personal with all the balloons at the balloon glow. Jonah was not too sure what to think when he was close but loved them from a distance.



Every time the balloonist would fire it up, Jonah would bury his head and say "that hot!" Yes, it was very hot and very loud.


We ended up spending a very little amount of time there because Jonah was so tired. We got home around 7:30 and he went straight to bed.

This was one of those nights that it would have been much easier to just stay home. But, we try to give Jonah as many life experiences as possible. We don't want him to be so used to his routine that he collapses if we don't do the exact same thing every day. We try to take advantage of as many opportunities as we can. It sometimes makes for busy days but we have such wonderful memories. I love it!!!

1 comment:

Barb said...

On that one picture, it looks like Jonah has flames coming out of his head! Well, anyway, sounds like Jonah definitely has a mind of his own. Though I can't believe he would say no to taking pictures. That should be a normal fact of life for him!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails