Monday, October 27, 2008

Enjoying the last of the good weather

It is quite chilly outside today.  It is hard to believe last Monday was such a beautiful, warm day.  As I got Jonah out of the van, he looked at me with those beautiful eyes and said "Jonah not nap, Jonah play outside with mommy!"  Seriously, how could anyone resist that??  So, we walked right to the backyard and started to play.  Over the course of the next two hours, I think Jonah touched every single toy in the yard and played his little heart out.  He made sure to point out every bird that few by.  
He discovered that driving the Cozy Coupe on grass is a little more difficult that driving on asphalt or a gym floor.  He still enjoyed it though.

He is really enjoying his new outside climbing toy/slide.  I am still so happy about the great deal I got on this thing.  That makes it an even better toy in my mind!
I spent a lot of time laughing at my neurotic dog.  In case you don't know Max, he is a poodle who genuinely believes he is a lion.  He stalks other animals then pounces on them.  The only problem is the dog he was stalking was on the other side of the chain link fence.  Now that I really look at the next picture, Max looks more like he was cowering but trust me, his teeth were showing and he was in full growl mode.  You can see the dog next door was really concerned!  HA!
I pulled Jonah's sand/water table to the middle of the yard and refilled the water.  I figured this was probably one of the last times Jonah would get to play with it this year.  He enjoyed every second of it.  As a matter of fact, he enjoyed it so much that I had to go get a short sleeve shirt because his long sleeved shirt was soaking wet!
Apparently, Jonah has been watching Max drink from his bowl because he immediately assumed that position and began to lap up water.  



After Max scared (yeah, right!) the dog next door, he enjoyed some time in the sun.  I guess he wanted to work on his tan.  







I love having the afternoons off to spend with my little boy.  I also love the experiences he has at school and daycare because they help him with social skills.  It is so obvious to see the difference in kids who spend time around other kids on a consistent basis.  I think it has also helped with Jonah's acceptance of authority.  He realizes that all adults are authority figures in his life because of being around other adults.  Afternoons like last Monday create such wonderful memories.  

2 comments:

Emily Burns said...

Yes, we do have a cat now...not sure why we ever got her, but we did! Y'all aren't allergic are you?!?!

Jami Ainsworth said...

Those are the best kind of days...those are just as priceless as expensive days at a show or circus!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails