Monday, October 6, 2008

Doughnuts with Dad

In honor of the letter D, Jonah's preschool class hosted "Doughnuts With Dad" last Friday. I was going to send Dan with the camera but then realized that he sometimes get so caught up in the moment that he forgets to take pictures. So, I let him take Jonah to school then I followed behind with the camera. (Yes, I am THAT mom!)

Of course, I had to get a few pictures of Jonah getting ready to leave the house. If you look closely, you will see him trying to "sneak" a car into his backpack.

It took us a while to get him in the car that morning because he was so intrigued by the roofers across the street. He could have stood there all morning and watched them work. He said "I go help them mommy!"
As evidenced by the picture below, Jonah LOVES his preschool. He marches in there with such confidence. I don't think he realized his daddy was staying with him for a while.
He went right in to hug Mrs. Tan and make sure she knew that was HIS daddy!




My heart is always so full when I see pictures of these two together. When I was pregnant, Dan and I were both so sure we were having a girl. It threw us for a complete loop when Dr. Daigle said BOY! Now, I look at this sweet little boy that God blessed us with and can not imagine him any other way. I love that he has a daddy who adores him. I love that he has such a sweet, tender heart. I love that he loves his mommy so much. I love that when I see pictures like this, it causes me to pause and thank God for his blessings.
Coleman's daddy brought his horse that same day so all of the kids could see it and touch it. This is a tame horse that was completely wild when they got it. It obeyed commands like a dog!
Jonah patiently waited his turn to go see the horse and touch it.



What a fun day full of memories!

3 comments:

kathy malott said...

this is the cutest thing ever! Dan is such a great daddy (lots more "D"s). Isabelle's doing "D" this week. Maybe I'll get doughnuts for her and daddy for the morning. Cute

Jami Ainsworth said...

Now this one made me tear up...so sweet. I didn't have time to comment yesterday. I took Natalie back after lunch. We had such a great visit.

Amanda said...

What a sweet, sweet post. I can't wait for Josh to have memories just like this :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails