Saturday, October 11, 2008

Buzz and Peter

Last year after Halloween, I bought some Disney costumes when they were seriously cheap. ($40 costumes for $5 and $6) Well, if you have been around Jonah lately, you know that he is over the top obsessed with Buzz Lightyear and Woody from Toy Story. (Or Woodybuzz as he calls it!) I didn't buy them for Halloween but to have for "Wonder Days" around the house.

After lunch today, we headed back to his room to play with puzzles. As I was getting the puzzles out of his closet, he spotted the costumes and asked what they were. When he realized it was Buzz, he literally started trembling. He was so excited. I figured he would not let me put it on him but I was wrong!!! I put that costume on him and the kid turned into Buzz! He put his arms up and started flying. It was precious! I hope you can look at these pictures and imagine this little boy in full belief that he was indeed Buzz Lightyear!






Pat Biglane saw us outside and stopped to speak. He said "Hey Jonah!" Jonah looked at him and in a very serious voice said "I Buzz Lightyear!!!"
After "Buzz" and I played Toy Story for a while, we went inside to remove the Buzz costume. He spotted the Peter Pan costume and wanted to wear it. He has just started to be interested in Peter Pan over the last couple of weeks. After he put the Peter Pan costume on, he said "Where hook?"

Days like today make me adore being a mommy. It is an incredible thing to experience life from the vantage point of a 2 year old. He doesn't know that our country is in a Financial Mess. He is not the least bit worried about the upcoming Presidential Elections. He doesn't worry about the papers that daddy needs to write for school or care the least bit about the Financial Statements his mommy needs to prepare for work. He doesn't wonder what he will wear to church tomorrow or what he will eat for lunch. He just lives! He lives with no care and no concern. He enjoys life as it comes and I love that about him. He was more content all dressed up as Buzz Lightyear than most adults are in a lifetime. And, for just a little while, I was too!!!

5 comments:

Baylee's Mommy said...

those are the funniest and cutest pics!

Andrew, Audra & Drew said...

The most precious Buzz & Peter I've ever seen. I look forward to these types of days!

Barb said...

I love the Peter Pan costume. He is just precious! You are so blessed.

Anonymous said...

They don't get any cuter than that!

Jami Ainsworth said...

WHAT FUN ADVENTURES YOU CAN HAVE AT HOME...

I think I will collect some costumes too afternoon Halloween. If you are ever at the Disney Store or wherever you shop and see some neat ones for girls on sale, of course, think of Natalie. I will pay you back.

I really love the ones in Buss LightYear costume. And who can't love that reaction "i'm buss lightyear". This is one of the many reason I love children.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails