Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mr. Creativity

I find it very odd that my child loves art. But, he does, so I encourage it. He got a really cool easel for his birthday from Dan's mom. Jalyn Walsworth had one just like it that he played with back in June. I knew he had to have one after that. Anything your child spends 3 hours playing with is a must-have!

The easel was put together while Dan's mom and grandmother were here after his party. It has been in the living room since then and gets played with every day. When we don't have all of his art supplies out, he plays with the magnetic letters that came with it. He can pick out all the letters in his name and put them in the right order on the board. Very impressive to his mommy and daddy. He can also spell his name for you. But, he has to be in the right mood to do it. He did it last night for the Chandlers. It was so funny to see him be so theatrical with such a simple spelling!!!



When I got home from work yesterday, I decided to pull out his art supplies and playdough and let him be creative for a couple of hours. I do this only at times that I can devote 100% of my attention to him because I'm afraid of what he might add to our walls!

After a little while of him getting marker all over his belly, I decided to pull the smock out. I didn't want to have to bathe him before church.





Since Dan was leaving for his first Seminar in the Doctoral Program, I decided to help Jonah make a sign to put in his hotel room. Jonah thought this was a grand idea.








I'm really glad that Dan is continuing his education but sad for the time he will miss with me and Jonah. I know this is the right time because Jonah is still young enough that he won't remember Dan being gone. I know he will realize it on a daily basis because he watches the door for his daddy to get home every day. So, I hope we can continue to do little things to let Dan know how much his family misses him and encourage him in this process.

post signature

1 comment:

Barb said...

What kind of doctorate is Dan doing? That's great that he's pursuing further education.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails