Sunday, July 13, 2008

Blood Drive

Several years ago, we had a sweet man in our church who was in desperate need of blood. I had never given and decided that was the perfect time to start. I put on my brave face and headed to the church to do my part. I gave blood and had zero problems...or so I thought! I realized there was some sort of issue when I woke up and noticed an EMT standing over me. Yeah, I passed out cold on the gym floor. Apparently, you are supposed to eat something before giving one pound of your blood!

Since that time, I have shied away from every blood drive. Wednesday night was the semi-annual drive at our church. I don't know what came over me but the fear subside and I marched right over and signed up. I'm not sure who was more surprised, me or all the people who remembered my great fall! Amanda quickly grabbed my camera from the diaper bag in order to document what could be another disaster.

Jonah kept himself entertained by drawing on a piece of paper. He has become so interested in art lately, so this was right up his alley!




MaMaw Chandler came in to see everyone and was quite surprised to find me sitting in a chair. She was the one who took me home the day I passed out because Dan was at a funeral. She wasn't really sure this was a good idea for me.
Dan came over to give me a pep talk and one last hug before heading over to preach.

And, just so you know...COMPLETE SUCCESS! Sign me up for the next one! It wasn't bad at all. Apparently, all I needed was a little food in my system.

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are going to love this....The last time I gave blood the lady asked me if I weighed at least 120 pounds. I looked at her and laughed and asked if she seriously needed to ask that! :-) I'm sure she didn't think I did!

Hope

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails