Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Jonah stories


  • Love you, Daddy!

At a very early age, we put Jonah down for naps and for the night while he was still awake. This helps him go back to sleep on his own if he wakes up in the middle of the night. It also taught him how to play in his bed without having to have one of us with him. Well, the other night, Dan had a meeting and I was home alone and not ready to put Jonah down for the night but I knew it was time. So, instead of putting him in the bed after our prayers, I just pulled him close to me and started singing to him. He loved it!! He rubbed my face and my arm while I sang. I did this until he fell asleep.



Well, because that was so sweet, I did the exact same thing the next night. (Yes, I know...bad mommy!!!) I told Dan about what a precious few moments that was and so he did it the next night...and the next! Well, last night, Dan came out of his room and said "I sang to him until he fell asleep then I picked him up to lay him down and he barely opened his eyes and said Wub you, Dadddeee!" Aaaguhhh...talk about melt your heart!




  • What happened to the door?

Yesterday morning, I was in the bathroom getting ready and I heard Jonah coming down the hall. I shut the door quickly as to deter him from coming in to "help" me. All of the sudden, I hear a knock on the door. I opened it to find him standing there. As soon as he saw me, he said "What happen to da dooooor?" I was so impressed that he used a full sentence. Dan was right next to him and heard the whole thing. We both looked at each other and said "He just said a whole sentence!!!!!"

  • Dear God

Every time we pray, we start with "Dear God." The other day, we sat down to eat and Jonah immediately bowed his head and said "Deeeea Gawd." He's learning so fast. That really made me tear up because I realize just how important it is for us to model the Christian life for him. He will never have to learn how to pray because it is something he is growing up doing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails