Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I love holidays! I mean, I really, really, really love holidays. I especially love Father's Day. I remember the sadness of the first Father's Day after my daddy died in 2006. There was an emptiness in my heart but at the same time there was a huge level of excitement for the new life growing inside of me. I was so excited to be a mommy and equally excited about Dan being a daddy.

At that time, I had stood by and watched Dan love on everybody else's kids while longing for one of his own. I knew that he would be an incredible Father but I had no idea how lucky our little Jonah would be. He was so apprehensive about what to do with a newborn and if he would be a good dad.

I will never forget the look on his face on July 27, 2006 when he brought Jonah over to me so I could see our baby. He was so thrilled and all of the fears about how to hold a baby and what to do with his head were gone in that moment. He picked our little 7 pound, 10 ounce baby boy up and never missed a beat. It was like he was born to be a daddy. He loves that little boy so much and I can assure you...the feeling is mutual!

I love watching my husband and little boy spend time together. Jonah absolutely adores his daddy. I'm so grateful that Dan is the same person when those little eyes and ears are around that he is when they aren't. I'm glad that he sets an example for Jonah in everything he does. I'm so happy that he doesn't have to apologize to Jonah for using bad language or having a temper or saying things he shouldn't say. He lives a Godly example in front of him everyday.

I love my life with this wonderful man! Jonah and I are two very blessed people!!!

Happy Father's Day, Dan! You are a gift to us!

P.S. Leave a comment here for Dan. The comments get emailed to him too!

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan,with today's fathers,i'm glad you set that Godly example thanks and happy Father's day too!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU BROTHER DAN. HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY, YOU CERTAINLY DESERVE IT.

ANGIE E

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails