Thursday, June 19, 2008

Car Shopping

I have been searching for a new car for almost a year. I love my car and especially love not having a car payment. BUT, my poor little boy BURNS up during the summer because the 2002 Highlanders did not have rear air. So, I have done tons of research and finally settled on a new car. In case you haven't heard, I got a VAN! Yep, I'm the proud new owner of a white Honda Odyssey. While Jonah does like our new family mobile, he was especially fond of this car...






I think if the final decision was his, we would have driven away in that sporty red car. Well, not all of us, because it only had two seats. He quickly made friends with the people in the dealership. One salesmen asked if he could have a balloon. I told him yes and he went to the back to get it. He brought it out and gave it to Jonah. Jonah looked at him and said "Thank you!" The man was so impressed with how polite Jonah was. He kept asking us how old he was because he had never seen a toddler so polite. YAY!!!!





We had done all of the legwork for this vehicle before ever getting to Brookhaven but buying a car still takes a while. Jonah was SUCH a trooper. He didn't touch anything he shouldn't and always obeyed us when we asked him to do something. We were there over 2 hours so that was a HUGE deal!!! The guy in the F&I office gave let him play with his golf balls and clubs. Jonah took one look at them and said "Ciff!" Cliff Merritt always has golf balls and a club or two out so Jonah assumed those were his.





We were so proud of the way he behaved and listened to instructions. Every person we dealt with commented on how well behaved and mature he seemed. (Lucky for us, they didn't see the meltdown that occurred at Cracker Barrel after we left the Honda dealership!)

post signature

7 comments:

Baylee's Mommy said...

Where's the pictures of the van...I wanna see :)

Andrew & Audra said...

Congrats! We're going "mommy/daddy car shopping" this weekend. Somehow, I don't think my 2 door Accord, even with its great gas mileage, is going to be very conducive to a baby in a carseat! We've really been researching both the Highlander (2004 or 2005) or the Odyssey. Did you like your Highlander? Any major problems with it? I'm such a Honda fan that going with Toyota feels so wrong!

Anonymous said...

Nicki if you got it in brookhaven i am so mad i knew someone over there and i haven't seen little man too! Dude99!

Spydermonkey said...

Must be nice...........

Oh, tell andrew and audra that we have 2003 Highlander we would sell them with only 55,000 miles!

beppa said...

Hey, after two hours in a car dealership, I would have a meltdown! He earned it! Little did Cliff know that all that "foyer and hallway golf" would be preparing Jonah for an evening at the car dealership!

Karin said...

Hooray for Jonah!!! That's awesome! :)

Hey! Our Highlander is a 2002 as well. ;) I think we're living parallel lives.... LOL

Jeff, Abbey, and Reed Land said...

We used to have a Highlander, too, and I loved it. However, I do love the space and amenities of my van. Also, Reed has that same shirt from Gymboree as Jonah is wearing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails