Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I love this kid!


I sure love this little guy! He is so much fun!!! People have asked me what my favorite age is and I have to say that I have loved every stage of his life. I thought the newborn stage was absolutely incredible. I treasured every minute of those first six weeks. Sure, it was exhausting at times but I loved it! I could not believe he was here and he was ours!!!
Then, as he grew and started changing, I thought that was the greatest. Then came laughing, crawling and walking and that was over the top fun. But, now...aww man, I love this stage. 18 months seemed to be the turning point of when everything just came together. It was like everything we taught him just kind of clicked. Everyday is a new adventure.
I find myself even more grateful for this little guy than I have ever been. Who knew it was possible to love him more today than when he arrived? Sometimes at night, I walk into his room when he is sleeping and just put my hand on his back and say "Thank You" to God. I prayed for many years for this little boy and now want to spend my life thanking him for the precious gift of my little Jonahbug!

post signature

4 comments:

Joey, Jennifer, Jordyn and Jana Claire said...

I so know how you feel. Even after a day like I have had with a trying 3 almost 4 year old and a teething 6 month old...I just walked in to check on them and I just can't believe they are mine. The Lord blessed me so.

Baylee's Mommy said...

my favorite post! You are right...it continues to get better and better!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel Elbie. Please quit making me cry. Thats the sweetest thing ive ever heard, and it is so true. I love you....
Give Jonah bug love for me and i am still waiting for an answer about Dan fathering my child. (haha).
Angie

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until I can do that with my own baby. What an incredible blessing!

Manna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails