Thursday, April 3, 2008

BASEBALL! (or Bayyyyball as Jonah calls it!)

My dad had 2 meetings at church tonight so it was just me and mom. She noticed VHS was playing baseball so we decided to go watch. She dressed me, grabbed my glove and ball she found at Gymboree and we headed outside to get my wagon. She insisted on taking a picture of me before we headed down the street. I call this my introspective look!

Instead of going to the ball park, we headed down the street to The Welch's house. We knocked on the door to see if we could watch the game from their backyard but no one answered the door. Mommy pulled my wagon to the back and found Aunt B already outside watching the game. I think she was very happy to see me. She even let me play with 3 baseballs that she had.
I saw those boys from Bunkie out there warming up so I thought about throwing them a ball. But, when I threw it, it didn't go very far. I guess I better strengthen my pitching arm.
Mommy took me up to the fence so I could see better but all I wanted to do was push my Gymboree ball through the fence. I did it one time and those mean boys wouldn't give it back. Mommy had to push a stick through the fence then try to pull the ball back through. She gave it back to me and I tried to push it through again. She took the ball from me and we left the fence. Man...she is NO fun!
She gave me a real baseball then because she knew I couldn't get that one through the fence. I don't think she realized that one hurts more when I toss it at her.
It was hot out there and I started sweating. I took my hat off but I had hat head. I also had a very dirty face. Mommy tried to wipe it but Aunt B said little boys are supposed to be dirty. I don't think that is good news to my mommy who likes things clean!

We walked over to bleachers so we could see Mrs. Delynn. I discovered the batting cage and had a LARGE time playing with the net that surrounds it.
While I was inside the batting cage, I found some "tash" on the ground and gave it to my mom so she could throw it away.
My dad got home from his meetings and walked over to see us. He was very impressed with Mrs. Delynn's camera.
I showed daddy my ball and my glove. He was at the mall when my mom bought all this stuff from Gymboree but he had never seen me where it. Baseball is probably their least favorite sport (Sorry, Mark!) but when you live across the street from the ball fields, you kind of have to get into it.
How's this for an action shot? Sorry it is blurry!


Kaitlyn Walker came over and played with me for a while. We rolled the ball back and forth. I took it easy on her since she is a girl!



I stood at the fence behind home plate for a while and watched the batters. Man, it is loud up there. It scared me a couple of times.

I went and got a ball so I could give it to them but they never turned around to see me offering it. That ball would not fit through the chain link fence. I sure tried though!

I was very tired on the ride home. I'm glad mommy thought to bring my wagon rather than letting me just walk. I don't know if I could have made it. All that playing takes a toll on a little boy!

Oh, do you want to guess what the FIRST thing I did when we got home was? Yep...a BATH!!!

post signature

4 comments:

Karin said...

very cute! :)

Jami Ainsworth said...

and if you had hung out at the ball park more last year you would have known Natalie very well...we certainly miss it...

Baylee's Mommy said...

so glad to hear that you "took one for the team" and actually hung out at the ballpark! WHOO HOO! ;)

Pops N NeNe said...

Jonah you are too cute. So glad you like the wagon too! We love you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails